Friday, March 22, 2013

Book Review: A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

Posted by samantha at 9:34 AM

A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forrest

*** #1 Christmas Bestseller in Vampire Romance, Paranormal & Fantasy. Over 300 Five Star Reviews (Amazon USA & UK). ***

summary: On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.
A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.
She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.
Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.
Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.

Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?

My Review 

My awesome friend gave me copy of this book and i LOVE her for that. I have been wanting to read this and I'm so happy that she's kind enough to share the book to me. Anyway, I have read a lot of positive feed backs about the book and I have read the summary and thought it will be a good read for me. I've been a fan of vampires since i started reading sci-fi. 

The book cover looks so great! It has this mysterious vibe on it and I like it. It really is a plus if the book has a great cover. Agree? 

may contain spoilers
I have read a lot of vampire novels but this version of vampire is so unique. It has it's own twist. I never got bored reading it because it is fast pace. Sofia's character is very likable. She's not the most popular girl but is beautiful. Of course she doesn't realize she's that beautiful. She somehow relates to other girls out there who are not popular but has a great best friend to rely on. Plus, she's in love with him but Ben (the best friend) doesn't know. Then there is Derek Novak. The most powerful and most respected (except his older brother, Lucas). He's the Vampire Prince. Derek seems to be different among his kind. I think it is because he's a former Hunter. I love how i can't decide if I should trust Derek's twin sister Vivienne. You just can't know whether she'll follow the prince or what. However, I have this hatred towards Lucas because he's just so annoying. Get a life Lucas! Anyway, the book is great because it does not only focuses on the main characters but also the minor characters. It makes the book more interesting. I kept reading for I don't know how long and realize I just finished the book. I was like "This can't be happening!!" because it's such a cliff hanger! That moment when this are keep getting better and better and then BOOM! you have just reach the end of a good book. Now I can't wait to read the next book. I hope it will come out sooner so I can get my hands on it. Please write fast Miss Bella! Thanks for writing such great book!!! 

P.S. 
I strongly advice to everyone that you should read A Shade of Vampire! It has it's own flavor and assure you will love it! 

You can also visit Miss Bella Forrest on:
Goodreads
Twitter 
Facebook
or get mailings from Miss Bella Forrest by signing up on her blog
forrestbooks

xoxo,
samantha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

What's up, Buttercup? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review