Monday, March 4, 2013

Book Review: Talented by Sohpie Davis

Posted by samantha at 10:14 AM

Talented by Sophie Davis

If James Bond and Sookie Stackhouse had a love child with a yearning for vengeance, her story would be TALENTED: an adventure about powerful teenagers who aren't afraid to embrace their fears and fight for what they believe in.

When Talia Lyons was just a child, her parents were murdered before her eyes. Offered a choice between accepting their fate and exacting revenge, Talia trains to become one of the country’s deadliest assassins in order to kill the man responsible for their deaths: Ian Crane. Luckily, Talia was born with a gift- the ability to read and influence the minds of others. At sixteen, Talia is poised to graduate from the McDonough School for the Talented, where she learned to control her abilities. Now there is only one obstacle standing between her and the retribution she craves... Talia herself.

Her greatest asset may also be her undoing; while a formidable weapon in the field, Talia’s talents prevent her from both shutting off the mental connection she shares with her questionable boyfriend and blocking out the thoughts of a beguiling fellow recruit. But Talia can’t afford to have the feelings and distractions of a normal teenage girl, when her life is far from normal.

She must regain the single-minded determination that has brought her this far, or it may cost Talia her life when she finally faces Crane. And even after being molded in to a weapon of war, she’ll still have to find the strength it takes to pull the trigger.

My Review

**this may contain spoilers**

Let's start off with the cover, shall we?  I LOVE this cover. The other is not so much exciting as this one but still works. I really like how the cover shows the strength of the main character Talia. She looks so fierce! It's simple yet it catches your attention. 
Honestly I didn't expect much from the book when I first read the synopsis but you never know what's inside the book unless you read. I got curious and decided to read it. It turn out to be one of the most exciting books I've read and now one of my favorites. I love how Miss Sophie started the book. You'll be excited and curious what the hell was going on. It's really a good thing I decided to read the book. 
I love Talia's character. She has a super cool ability to read and influence the minds of others, two male roomies (Eric and Henri) and a boyfriend (Donavon)  that is the son of the director of the school. She showed her determination to prove that she can be a part of the Hunters because she wanted to take revenge on the person who behind of her parents murder. I like books that shows the will and strength of women. They prove that women should not be taken lightly.
On the other side, Talia's love triangle with Eric and Donavon is one of my favorites in the story. In the beginning I'm really team Eric. Love the playboy/bad boy effect he has. Donavon is nice and sweet but I have this nagging feeling while I was reading that he's up to something. I thought when Talia found out that he's cheating on her was "I knew it!!". Their is so much to their love triangle because Talia sometimes misses Donavon but hates him so much and their's her feelings for Eric. It's good that she doesn't move on that fast and started dating Eric cause that would unrealistic. I mean, who would've move on that easily if that guy was your only friend or shoul I say only person when you were so depressed. Still, I'm on team Eric! 
She has so much things going on at the same time that I don't know how she will succeed. The book keeps getting better and better. Talia's face off with Ian Crane was epic! She's so badass and all but Crane captured her and said something that surprised me. That he knew Talia's father. Like woah. How in the Hades did he know her father? Epic twist there. She barely escape Crane and Donavon was the one who rescued Talia on her solo mission was like "What the f***? It should have been Eric!" but that made the story more exciting. 
The ending is such a cliff hanger! I have so many questions and thoughts what will happen to Talia when she gets back after her mission. I must read the next book so my anxiety can be put to rest.

Overall, I like how Miss Sophie written the book. It is fast pace and not boring. Although sometimes she explains things over and over again but I must say it's a great and a must read book. 


You can check out Miss Sophie Davis on her:


xoxo,
samantha

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

What's up, Buttercup? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review